the vision of CERA is building harmonious communities
CERA Society envisions a community in which:
- Members of the community recognize their responsibility for creating harmonious , inclusive and peaceful relationships, and take an active role in resolving conflicts which occur within it;
- Conflict is routinely resolved through dialogue and in a manner which is consistent with the principles of restorative justice;
- The needs of both person harmed and person who caused harm are recognized and addressed in the resolution of the crime;
- There are sufficient services in the community to meet the needs of both offenders and victims;
- All persons feel accountable and responsible for their behavior.